We Now Offer Introduction to Kayak Instruction!
Certified through American Canoe Association Owner/Instructor Mike Proulx will introduce you to the basics of kayaking.
Course: Quickstart Your Kayak
Cost: $65 includes Rental Kayak, Paddle and PFD. or $55 Instruction Only (no rentals)
Description: 3 hours
This course is for beginners who want to lean the basics of kayaking and kayaking safety. We will meet at Massabesic Canoe and Kayak where we will have introductions, due paperwork, and have our pre kayaking safety brief.
Before launching we will talk about parts of the kayak/paddle and how to board/launch
On the water we will talk about the principles of paddling and practice strokes such as forward, reverse, side draws, and sweeps.
We will practice paddling straight, spinning, moving laterally (sideways), U- turn, and stopping.
This is a fun course that even an experienced paddler can learn something from!
For any questions please contact Mike @ 603-782-0845 or email@example.com or book online with the button below!
- Classes are held every Wednesday evening.
- All classes will meet at Massabesic Canoe and Kayak.
- Max 5 students to 1 instructor.
- Ages 13+ with participating adult.
- $10 deposit per spot due at time of booking.
What to bring checklist:
- Kayak, Paddle, and Life Jacket (If you are not renting)
- Lunch/ Snack
- Change of clothes
- Sun block
- Bug spray
- Moisture wicking sportswear
- sunglasses and hat
- Closed for the season. We will resume classes in the spring! Thank You!